Today, another visit to HCI - the radiation oncologist. Dr. Kokeny was very informative as she presented us with lots of facts, data, quoted research studies, and answered our many questions. The bottom line: a course of radiation is recommended after the chemotherapy is completed. All of this is pending the PET scan tomorrow. Hopefully we will have results by the end of the day. Stay tuned . . . The medical and radiation oncology information has been very helpful, but it is also very overwhelming! I am surprised at how emotionally fatigued I feel (I am usually pretty resilient).
Tomorrow is a very special day - our first anniversary! One year ago - May 1st, 2013 - I married Blake Beckstrom, the most incredible man I have ever known. What fun we have had being together over the last year. And what a pillar of strength, courage, and support he has been for me through all sorts of challenges: broken arms, a busy job, choir practices and tour, kids and grandkids, ailing parents, and now cancer. Indeed, Blake is the wind beneath my wings, and he provides the strength, encouragement, and confidence I need to soar. I love you, Blake!

This past year has been absolutely wonderful for me too! Despite the challenges (or maybe because of them) we have grown incredibly closer together. Thanks for all of the great memories of the past year--I wouldn't go back and change anything, even if I could. I love you Sweetheart. 2I&B.
ReplyDeleteI love it, Mom!! I am not at all glad that you have cancer (BOO!!), but I am very glad you have Blake. Good luck today, and Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing updates on this blog! I think it is a great way to keep everyone apprised without having to rehash emotional details over and over. Know that you are in our prayers and that we are here to support you in any way that we can. We are glad to have you as part of our family! Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, you two!!! What a year. Love you, Laurie! Thank you for starting a blog, what a GREAT idea!
ReplyDelete